New and Renewal Process
- Complete Tennessee Notary Application.
- Application must be notarized.
- Election of each applicant will be considered by the County Commissioners.
After election and before commencing duties or exercising powers, a notary must post bond in the amount of $10,000 by a surety company authorized in Tennessee. Please wait to hear from our office with a new expiration date before you purchase the notary bond.
- Following election, an approval letter will be mailed.
- Once this letter is received, the newly elected notary must visit the main office to file a bond and receive the certificate.
- $19.50 new and renewal application. This fee includes official recording of the bond.
- A notary public must furnish their own seal. Embossed notary seals are not accepted.
- Please refer to the Notary Public Handbook.
- The Notary Public Application is available for printing.
If you have any further questions, please contact us:
Fentress County Clerk